Seniors Can’t Wait
It takes 1 minute to help
Your voice can make a difference.
There is $63 billion in our budget dedicated to non-defense spending, and we want Congress to dedicate $150 million of it in support of the Older Americans Act. Without an increase, we’re left with the possibility of flat funding, even though cost of living is rising and more seniors are joining our waitlists.
Click the button below and click “Act Now” under FY 2018 Nutrition Appropriations to tell Congress that seniors deserve to get their part of the 2018 budget.
- $12.13 million to Orange County in 2015
- Nonprofit subcontractors increase the impact of OAA funding through support services:
- Meals on Wheels, Case Management, and Home Services
- Senior Center Lunch Programs
- Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Adult Day Care and Legal Services
- Long-term Care Ombudsman
- Family Care Giver Support
- Elder Abuse & Neglect Prevention.
- Programs save Medicaid and Medicare dollars
- Programs reduce hospitalizations and institutionalization
- Programs Increase wellness, dignity, and independence